Department of Microbiology,
Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Center
Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/scientific-contributions/D-Danisvijay-2162638072
Google Scholar id: email@example.com
Vidwan id: 116261
Orchid id: 0000-0002-1794-3166
Phone No: +91-7401076968 | +91-8925377312
Interdisciplinary and Multidisciplinary research focus – Drug resistant bacteria, Ventilator and Community acquired pneumonia, Marine microbiology and pharmacology, RT PCR detection in respiratory pathogens, Multiplex PCR panel development, Plant extract and Nano particles on drug resistant bacteria, Tuberculosis, Fungemia, Respiratory infections, Viral diseases, Rheumatic heart disease.
TENURE: March2021 – August 2021
- Worked as a Quality Manager & Microbiologist in Sri Samraj Labs Health Services Private Limited (NABL & ICMR) approved molecular laboratory.
Year of Passing
Chettinad Academy of
(CARE)Chennai – 603103
Chettinad Academy of
Research and Education
(CARE) Chennai – 603103
FELLOWSHIPS / RESEARCH EXPERIENCE (2017-2020)
- Junior Research Fellow (2017 – 2020): Chettinad Academy of Research & Education, Chennai – 603103, Tamil Nadu, India.
PhD Thesis title: “Evaluation of conventional and molecular methods in early detection of pathogens causing respiratory tract infections.”
Experimental field: Multiplex- PCR (Bacteria, Fungi, Respiratory Viruses), Real Time PCR
(SARS CoV-2), ELISA – (sTREM-1 biomarker) analysis.
Field: Medical Microbiology & Respiratory Medicine.
CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGY EXPERIENCE
Experience in processing and reporting various clinical specimens, identification, antibiogram and molecular typing of bacterial.
Identification of medically important fungi and antifungal susceptibility testing for yeast and moulds.
Experience in virological technique which include Multiplex, RT-PCR and immunofluorescence techniques.
Hands on Experience in Immunofloresence and Blotting Techniques.
A. Molecular Biology- DNA & RNA isolation from micro-organisms from (Bacterial, Fungal and Viral) direct respiratory samples, Plasmid DNA isolation, Primer designing, conventional multiplex-PCR and Real Time PCR, ELISA.
B. Microbiology- Preparing various types of differential & selective media for microbial cultures. Antibacterial testing, Anti-fungal testing.
C. Cell Culture Techniques – Primary cell culture, Subculture and maintained cell lines, Cell thawing and cryopreservation, cell viability & cytotoxicity, apoptotic morphological changes in fluorescent microscope using different probe staining, Assessment of DNA fragmentation.
D. Isolation and Purification of Bioactive Compounds – Peptide, polysaccharides and marine plant secondary metabolites.
TEACHING EXPERIENCE (2017-2020)
As per the University Grants Commission (UGC) of India guidelines, I have taught:
- Medical Genetics and Immunology, Microbiology, Molecular Diagnostics for B.Sc and M.Sc Life science students.
- Microbiology practical classes for B.Sc, M.Sc (Allied Health Sciences& Nursing), BDS and MBBS students.
- Molecular Diagnostics and its recent technologies for MD Microbiology and MD Pathology students.
CONFERENCE & WORKSHOP
- One day workshop on “Best practices in scientific publishing” by Dr.BhavikSawhney., Associate editor biomedicine springer Nature on 24thJan 2019
- CME on Current Scenario – “Antimicrobial resistance” organized by Department of Microbiology at Tagore medical college & Hospital, Rathinamangalam, Chennai on 17thSep, 2019.
- Conference on Virology updated – CHETVIROCON 2019 organized by Dept of Microbiology, at Chettinad Hospital & Research Institute on 5thJuly 2019
- ISSHID 2019 – International Science Symposium on HIV & INFECTIOUS DISEASES. 12th October to 14thOctober 2019.
- 40th Annual Conference of Indian Association of Biomedical Scientists (IABMS) 31st October to 2nd November 2019.
- Online internship on Virology workshop 18th – 28thAugust 2020.
1.Detection of Non typeable Haemophilus influenza by P6 (OMP) gene from Respiratory samples. International Science Symposium on HIV & Infectious Diseases (ISSHID 2019) October/12th -14th,Conference,Chennai, Tamilnadu, India. (Oral Presentation)
2.Multidrug resistant magA(K1), wzy(K2 and Hypervirulent (rmpA) Klebsiellapneumoniae causing Pulmonary infection”.International Science Symposium on HIV & Infectious Diseases (ISSHID2019)October12th-14th,Chennai, Tamilnadu, India.(Poster Presentation)
RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS (PubMed, Scopus, Web of Science)
- Danis Vijay D, Jayanthi S, Meenakshi N, Meharaj SS, Sujhithra A, Perumal J. Characterization of virulence factors, antifungal resistance with ERG-11 gene among Candida species isolated from pulmonary samples. Microbial pathogenesis. 2019 Dec 1;137:103750, org/10.1016/j.micpath.2019.103750, Microbial pathogenesis (Elsevier). (IF: 2.914)
- Danisvijay, S.H.ShifaMeharaj, A.Sujhithra, R.Vidhya, N.Meenakshi, S.Jayanthi, J.Perumal.Hypervirulent and biofilm specific resistance among carbapenemase producing Klebsiellapneumoniaecausing respiratory tract infection, Manuscript Number: thelancetrm-D-20-00001, pre print.
- Danish Vijay,S, Meenakshi.N. Biomarkers improve the prognostic and mortality prediction in pneumonia. Indian Journal of Microbiology Research. 2018, IJMR, October-December, 2018;5(4), DOI: 10.18231/2394-5478.2018.0089, Indian Journal of medical research. (IF: 1.503)
- H.ShifaMeharaj, S.Jayanthi, D.Danisvijay, A.Sujhithra.Multiplex PCR based detection of mecA,mecC and PVL gene in analysis of prevalence,circulation,transmission of MSSA/MRSA strains in a tertiary care hospital. Doi 10.1823 j.ijmmtd.2019.034,International journal of Medical Microbiology and Tropical diseases. 2019
- Danisvijay, S.Jayanthi, N.Meenakshi, S.H.ShifaMeharaj, A.Sujhithra, R.Vidhya. A review of Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention of Novel Corona Virus (SARS-CoV-2)DOI: 10.31080/ecprm.2020.09.00632, EC pulmonology and respiratory medine. (IF 1.124)
- Sujhithra, M.Chokkalingam, S.Jayanthi, D.Danisvijay, S.H.ShifaMeharaj. Cardiac Biomarkers: A Beneficial tool in the Diagnosis and Prognostification in heart failure- A Social Focus on Rheumatic Heart Disease. DOI: 10.31080/eccy.2020.07.00559, EC- Cardiology. (IF 1.10)
- Danisvijay, S.Jayanthi, N.Meenakshi, S.H.ShifaMeharaj, A.Sujhithra, J.Perumal. Detection of Non typeableHaemophilus influenza by P6 (OMP) gene from Respiratory samples.ISSHID-2019,BMCInfectiousDiseases,DOI: 10.1186/s12879-020-05038-y.( IF 2.688 )
- Danisvijay,S.Jayanthi,N.Meenakshi,S.H.ShifaMeharaj,A.Sujhithra,J.Perumal.“ MultidrugresistantmagA(K1), wzy(K2 and Hypervirulent (rmpA) Klebsiellapneumoniae causing pulmonary infection”, ISSHID-2019,BMC Infectious Diseases,DOI: 10.1186/s12879-020-05038-y.(IF 2.688 )
- Danis Vijay, ShifaMeharaj, Jayanthi, Sujhithra, Vidhya. Symptomatic and asymptomatic presentation of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) patients; a case report, JEMDS.DOI: 10.14260/jemds/2020/786(IF 0.41)
- A, M. Chokkalingam, S. Jayanthi, Sanjay Andrew Rajaratnam, D. Danisvijay.Impact and Challenges of Ethics in Echocardiography: A Non-Invasive Procedure, JEMDS,DOI: 10.14260/jemds/2021/22, (Web of Science)
- H.ShifaMeharaj, S.Jayanthi, D.Danisvijay, A.Sujhithra, J.Perumal.blaKPC, blaNDM, blaVIM detection among the Carbapenem resistant organisms (CROs) isolated in the Intensive care unit.ISSHID-2019,BMC Infectious Diseases, DOI: 10.1186/s12879-020-05038-y. (IF 2.688)
- Jayanthi, D.Danisvijay, S.H.ShifaMeharaj, A.Sujhithra,J.Perumal. Molecular characterization of opportunistic pathogens in the hospital environment: a neglected source, ISSHID-2019,BMC Infectious Diseases, DOI: 10.1186/s12879-020-05038-y. (IF 2.688)
- R Vidhya, D Danis Vijay, A Sujhithra, S.H.ShifaMeharaj,S Jayanthi, T. Kathir Subramanian. Micro RNA as a potential biomarker for diagnosis of neonatal sepsis – A review. JEMDS,DOI: 10.14260/jemds/2021/83. (Web of Science)
- Danish Vijay Devaraj, Jayanthi Sivasubramaniya, ShameemBanu AS.A study on extended spectrum β lactamase &metallo β lactamase producing bacteria from drinking water sources in and around Kelambakkam, Indian J Microbiol Res 2016;3(3):255-261, DOI: 5958/2394-5478.2016.00056.X, (Index Copernicus, J-Gate, ROAD, Cross ref )
- Sujhithra.A, S. Jayanthi, M. Chokkalingam, D. Danis Vijay, R.Vidhya, Sanjay Andrew Rajaratnam , Streptococcal Pharyngitis and Rheumatic Fever, Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology(JPAM- Elsevier) Awaited- 2022.
- Sujhithra.A, S. Jayanthi, M. Chokkalingam, D. Danis Vijay, R.Vidhya, Sanjay Andrew Rajaratnam Echocardiographic Parameters, Clinical Profile and Presence of Streptococcus pyogenes Virulent Genes in Pharyngitis and Rheumatic Fever, Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology(JPAM- Elsevier) Awaited-2022.